The Law Office of Aleta Peacock Logo

To schedule an appointment, please call


Bastrop County & Surrounding Areas




To Report Child Abuse and Domestic Violence:

Texas Abuse Hotline: 1-800-252-5400 (24-hours, 7 days/week, toll-free)

National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE


For Help with Substance Abuse – Treatment and Prevention:

Call 1-877-966-3784 for immediate and confidential help. (24-hours, 7 days/week. Toll-free). Partnership for a Drug-Free Texas.


Finding Help in Texas — Dial 211 on your telephone to speak with an information specialist to find social services in your local community such as child care, counseling, after-school programs, and assistance with rent, utilities, and food.


TexasOnline is the official State of Texas website.  This government portal provides a wide array of online services and links. To find out about a particular family service or topic, use the online search function, or follow the Health and Family Services link. The site is available in English and Spanish.


The Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) is the state government agency charged with protecting children and elderly and disabled adults from abuse and neglect. DFPS administers a variety of programs ranging from child protection to child-care licensing and adult protective services. Follow the Quick Links on the site to find information about:

Texas child care (searchable database)

Reporting abuse and neglect of elderly adults

Teens, including the Texas Youth Hotline 1-800-98-YOUTH

Adults and children with disabilities


How to Find a Therapist:

You can conduct an online search for a qualified therapist at Therapist Locator. This website is a public service of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy.

For faith-based guidance, you can call the church or synagogue of your choice.

You can consult your local telephone directory under licensed “Marriage and Family Therapists,” “Psychologists,” “Social Workers” or “Psychotherapists.”


For Help in Receiving Child Support Payments:

Call the Texas Attorney General Child Support Enforcement Office at 1-800-252-8014 (toll-free)

Apply online: Go to and click on the Child Support tab

Your county may also have a Domestic Relations Office, which may be able to help you with child support and visitation services. Check your county website, or your local telephone directory.

Your family law matter...

Our extraordinary client service.